Really? *This* is News? Come On, People!Posted: February 26, 2011
This week in the US and Beyond (just a sampling):
- An enormously devastating earthquake in New Zealand.
- Major political changes in the Middle East.
- Substantive debate and discussion over the rights of workers in the midwest and in parts of the rest of the nation.
- Votes by some states to recognize the legal rights of same-sex couples wishing to marry.
- One man asking a congressman when someone was “going to shoot Obama,” and the crowd around the man laughed. And the congressman did/said nothing.
- More global-change impact as even MORE snow/sleet/rain hits the US (including southern California and already overwhelmed middle and eastern parts of our country)
Important, life-changing, political landscape-changing, hard news issues.
All day CNN, HNN, and whatever outlet I could find purporting to report “news” had a rotating blend of news stories dominating their overly made-up talking-heads’ prompter-readings focusing on these three hot issues:
- The Oscars
- Lindsay Lohan
- Will and Cate/Kate/Catherine’s wedding
Shame on you.
Get out and let people who care report on actual news. The rest of you need to work on a farm shoveling actual manure.
Tonight: sushi with friends for my birthday. Woohoo!